- Private rooms, as well as double rooms for spouses — enjoy decorating and furnishing your room to make it feel just like home
- 24-hour care provided by trained resident assistants
- On-site, full-time registered nurse; also 24/7 on-call coverage
- Nutritious meals with snacks and beverages available 24-hours a day
- A variety of social activities
- Housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance services
- Access to on-site physical, occupational, and speech therapy by Dove Healthcare therapists
- On-site salon with licensed hair stylist / barber
- We are contracted with several area hospice providers for those that choose additional support with disease management and end-of-life care
- Complimentary family guest room for out-of-town guests
Monday, December 6
Meet Lois, our November Resident of the Month!
Lois is one of six kids in her family that moved from Fairchild to Menomonie when she was a junior in high school. It was at a school function that she met her husband, Chub, who she married in 1955. They had six kids: Janice, Michael, Jacqueline, Matthew, Mark, and Mitchell. From her six kiddos she has 12 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren!
As a family, the Rice’s enjoyed fishing and swimming - really anything they could do on the water they did. Some hobbies that Lois maintains today are painting and reading, however, she…
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Chippewa Falls
Overlooking beautiful Irvine Park, our assisted living and memory care residence has a long tradition of providing quality care and service to meet the needs of those who depend on us.
To us, providing person-centered care means getting to know you and then going above and beyond to tailor our care to meet your needs and preferences. Just as important, we value family. We will work collaboratively with yours to ensure the best care possible.
We are committed to accommodating the unique and ever changing needs of our residents living with dementia. Our memory care employees receive ongoing, specialized dementia training. Our close association with Dove Healthcare's skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers assures those services are easily accessible if you require out-patient therapy or a short-term, in-patient stay after hospitalization or illness.
Within the community of senior living and memory care providers, we strive to be known for delivering small town, family-oriented service by friendly, compassionate caregivers.
Services + Amenities
Personalized Care Plans
Your personalized plan of care can include:
- Administering and managing your medications
- Communicating with your physician and pharmacy to ensure accurate coordination and delivery of care
- Managing diabetes, including blood sugar checks, insulin injections, and diet modifications
- Monitoring of weight and vital signs; pharmacy services; on-site lab draws; INR testing; On-site mobile x-ray upon order; and nebulizer treatments
- Accommodating specialized diets; mechanical soft and pureed; thickened liquids
- Assisting you with activities of daily living (i.e. dressing, bathing and grooming)
- Coordinating your medical appointments and transportation
- Assisting with transfers and ambulation (assisted living one person-assist, memory care one or two person assist) Our transfer capabilities include stand-by, one person assist, and sit-to-stand. Memory care also provides hoyer lift for two person assist.
A Registered Nurse (RN) is on-site full-time Monday-Friday and available to the Resident Assistants (RA) by phone 24-hours a day, seven days a week. The RN ensures your well-being with professional care in prevention, education, and personal support. As your needs change, the entire care team at Dove Healthcare - Rutledge Home is here to help you in a dignified and compassionate manner.
Benefit from services provided by our RN:
- Answers health and medication related questions
- On-going communication with physician and pharmacy to ensure accurate coordination and delivery of care
- Monitors the effectiveness and potential side effects of medications (i.e. pain, mood, sleep, and behavior medications); update the resident’s physician as needed
- Monitors illness trends of residents and staff to assure appropriate actions are taken
- Supervises and monitors each resident’s medication regimen, including diabetes management
- Fall prevention programming and implementation
- Available 24-hours a day to assist RAs in determining how to respond to a resident's health concern or change in condition
- Lab draws when the hospital/clinic is unable to make an on-site visit
- Assessments for falls, safety, skin, and elopement risk
- Reviews RA charting and follow up as needed with RA, resident, family, and physician
- Evaluate non-life threatening medical conditions (i.e. signs of cold or flu, rashes, weight loss, appetite or sleep changes)
- Attend resident/family care conferences (scheduled as-needed)
On-Site Clinic Services
Avoid the hassle of transportation and inclement weather, as well as reduce your exposure to illness. As a resident of Dove Healthcare – Rutledge Home, you can elect to use our on-site nurse practitioner (NP) services.
We collaborated with a local medical clinic to have a NP provide on-site visits to address concerns and medical needs that do not require a visit out to a community clinic or emergency room. On-site visits may include exams; order writing/clarification; coordination of care; nursing direction; and referrals to heart failure clinics, anticoagulating clinics, palliative care programs, and other ancillary providers to enhance consistency of care. Outcomes may include decreased need for office visits; improved response time to medical needs; and reduced admissions to the hospital.
If you elect to use this service, the NP will become your primary medical provider. The cost of the visit is covered by your insurance or Medicare coverage (exactly the same as if you went to the clinic).
All-Inclusive Monthly Care Rate
The monthly care rate all meals, personal care assistance, nursing services, medication administration, housekeeping, laundry, etc. We do not have additional "care levels" or "care points" resulting in additional fees, as is common with most other assisted living providers. As a resident of Dove Healthcare – Rutledge Home, you can count on paying the same rate, regardless of the assistance you need.
Additional Living Options
Need a break from caregiving? Ask about our short-stay, respite care. Enjoy a vacation from caregiving knowing your loved one is receiving compassionate care in a respectful environment. Your stay includes all of the assisted living services and amenities, including a fully furnished apartment.
Just want to test the waters of assisted living or memory care? Our short stay option is also a great opportunity for someone not quite ready to commit to a long-term stay. Call our assisted living director for details.
A Tradition of Caring
With roots dating back to 1873, the name "Rutledge Home" is deeply embedded in our Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin community. Learn more.
Meet Our Team
Lisa Spalding, RN
Registered Nurse Supervisor, 2008
Courtney Drury, OTR/L
Rehabilitation Director, 2015
Nutritional Services Director, 1972
Dementia Support, Admissions Coordinator & Life Enrichment Director, 2020
Administrative Assistant, 2014
Jeremy Kiley, NHA
Regional Director of Operations, 2004
Regional Director of Finance, 2001
Regional Director of Community Relations, 2007
Jenny Risinger, PHR
Regional Director of Human Resources, 2009
Juliane Ader, BSW, MS, NHA
Health Information, Transportation, & Education Director, 2006