Volunteer opportunities are available daily, weekly, monthly, or annually, as it fits into your schedule.
Our residents cherish the time they spend with our volunteers.
What is the most precious gift you can give? Your time as a volunteer to the residents at Dove Healthcare.
When you become a volunteer and share life experiences with one of our residents, you each make a new friend. The residents' lives and your life too will be richer for the time you spend together sharing memories and creating new ones.
- Our assisted living residences: Vaccination is encouraged, but not required for employees and volunteers (as assisted living does not fall under CMS's conditions of participation).
- Our skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers:Due to the CMS mandate, the COVID-19 vaccine - or an approved medical or religious exemption with accommodation - is required for employees, students, and volunteers.
- Schools, Churches, and Civic Groups
- Individuals and Retirees
How do volunteers help?
- Visit with residents
- Read to residents
- Write letters
- Play bingo, cards, or board games
- Share your talents (dancing, singing, comedy, etc.)
- Help with parties and activities
- Bring in pets (on a leash with up-to-date vaccinations)
- Be a companion during outings
- Help a resident with their shopping
- Give manicures
No One Dies Alone
Volunteer to be a companion at Dove Healthcare - West Eau Claire, and offer support to those who are dying. From time to time, residents have neither family nor friends to be with them as they near the end of their life. Even when loved ones are able to be present, they may need to take an occasional break away. Whether it is a willingness to hold a hand, fluff a pillow, or just be present, volunteers perform a variety of comfort care measures.
To volunteer, complete the application and return it for screening and background check. Once approved, you must attend a training session. Volunteers are required to maintain the complete confidentiality of each resident and respect their spirituality. Call 715-552-1030 for more information.
Our Volunteer Coordinators
Rely on our volunteer coordinators to assist you with getting started.
Dove Healthcare - West Eau Claire
Hannah Abbiehl, CTRS
Recreation Director, 2021
Dove Healthcare - South Assisted Living and South Eau Claire
Recreation Director, 2010
Dove Healthcare - Regional Vent Center
Recreation Director, 2004
Dove Healthcare - Barron Assisted Living
715-537-1151, ext 14010
Dove Healthcare - Osseo Assisted Living and Osseo
Recreation Director, 2015
Dove Healthcare - Rutledge Home
Dementia Support, Admissions Coordinator & Life Enrichment Director, 2020
715-723-5566, ext 144
Dove Healthcare - Bloomer
Recreation Director, 2019
Dove Healthcare - Orchard Hills Assisted Living
Recreation Director, 2018
Dove Healthcare - Rice Lake
Nadine Williams, AAP-BC, ADC
Recreation Director, 2016