- 16 private rooms
- 24-hour care provided by trained resident assistants
- A registered nurse provides on-site visits weekly; 24/7 on-call coverage
- Advanced call system for easy access to resident assistants 24/7
- Nutritious meals with snacks and beverages available 24-hours a day
- A variety of social activities and community outings
- Housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance services
- Access to on-site physical, occupational, and speech therapy by Dove Healthcare therapists
- On-site salon with licensed hair stylist/barber
- We are contracted with several area hospice providers for those that choose additional support with disease management and end-of-life care.
- Dine with friends at the Fireside Bistro featuring daily specials by the chef.
Monday, December 6
Residents from both our skilled nursing center and assisted living residence joined forces on our cookie decorating assembly line to make an array of Christmas cookies for their own private stash or to share with their grandkids! We also delivered to our employees and other residents so all could enjoy! Thanks to Sheila Moehle , nutritional services director, for contributing all of the resources and baking up the yummiest sugar cookies for this festive activity!
Assisted Living in Eau Claire
Our assisted living services at Dove Healthcare – South Assisted Living are designed to provide you a helping hand with everyday activities, so you can live as independently as possible. Just as important, family members have peace of mind knowing their loved one is supported and comfortable.
Conveniently located next to Dove Healthcare – South Eau Claire, our close association assures skilled nursing and rehabilitation services are just a step away if you require out-patient therapy or a short-term, in-patient stay after hospitalization or illness.
Within the community of senior living providers, we strive to be known for our inviting atmosphere; professional, friendly caregivers; and the quality of our services.
Services + Amenities
Personalized Care Plans
Your personalized plan of care can include:
- Administering and managing your medications
- Communicating with your physician and pharmacy to ensure accurate coordination and delivery of care
- Managing diabetes, including blood sugar checks, insulin injections, and diet modifications
- Monitoring of weight and vital signs; pharmacy services; on-site lab draws; INR testing; On-site mobile x-ray upon order; and nebulizer treatments
- Accommodating specialized diets; mechanical soft and pureed; thickened liquids
- Assisting you with activities of daily living (i.e. dressing, bathing and grooming)
- Helping you transfer (one person and stand-by assist)
- Coordinating your medical appointments and transportation
Receive Excellent Care from Our Professional Nurses A Registered Nurse provides on-site visits weekly and is available to the Resident Assistants by phone 24-hours a day, seven days a week. The nurses ensure your well-being with professional care in prevention, education, and personal support. As your needs change, the entire care team at Dove Healthcare - South Eau Claire is here to help you in a dignified and compassionate manner.
As a resident of the assisted living you will benefit from the following nursing services:
- Answer health and medication related questions
- Monitor the effectiveness and potential side effects of medications (i.e. pain, mood, sleep, and behavior medications); update the resident’s physician as needed
- Monitor illness trends of residents and staff to assure appropriate actions are taken
- Supervise and monitor each resident’s medication regimen
- Fall prevention programming and implementation
- Available 24-hours a day to assist RAs in determining how to respond to a resident’s health concern or change in condition
- Lab draws when the hospital / clinic is unable to make an on-site visit
- Assessments for falls, safety, skin, and elopement risk
- Review RAs charting and follow up as needed with RA, resident, family, and physician
- Evaluate non-life threatening medical conditions (i.e. signs of cold or flu, rashes, weight loss, appetite or sleep changes)
- Attend resident / family care conferences (scheduled on an as-needed basis)
On-Site Clinic Services
Avoid the hassle of transportation and inclement weather, as well as reduce your exposure to illness. As a resident of our assisted living, you can elect to use our on-site physician services.
We collaborated with a local medical clinic to have a physician and NP provide on-site primary care services and address concerns or medical needs that do not require a visit out to a community clinic or emergency room.
On-site visits may include exams; order writing / clarification; coordination of care; nursing direction; and referrals to heart failure clinics, anticoagulation clinics, palliative care programs, and other ancillary providers to enhance consistency of care. Outcomes may include decreased need for office visits; improved response time to medical needs; and reduced admissions to the hospital.
If you elect to use this service, the physician will become your primary medical provider. The cost of the visit is covered by your insurance or Medicare coverage (exactly the same as if you went to the clinic).
All-Inclusive Monthly Rate
The monthly rate includes room and board, all meals, personal care assistance, nursing services, medication administration, housekeeping, laundry services, etc. We do not have additional care levels or care points resulting in additional fees, as is common with most other assisted living providers. As a resident of Dove Healthcare - South Assisted Living, you can count on paying the same rate, regardless of the assistance you need.
All the Comforts of Home
Your private room will provide privacy and independence. You will have the opportunity to decorate your room to make it feel just like home.
- Complimentary cable and TV, local and long distance phone service with phone, WiFi, microwave, and refrigerator
- Wheelchair accessible bathroom
- Personal heat and A/C controls
- If needed, ask about an optional fully furnished room
Additional Living Options
Need a break from caregiving? Ask about our short-stay, respite care. Enjoy a vacation from caregiving knowing your loved one is receiving compassionate care in a respectful environment. Your stay includes all of the assisted living services and amenities, including a fully furnished apartment.
Just want to test the waters of assisted living? Our short stay option is also a great opportunity for someone not quite ready to commit to a long-term stay. Call our assisted living director for details.
Meet Our Team
Ashley Smetana, NHA
Ashley Saucedo, RN
Director of Nursing, 2019
Angella Niblett, PTA
Rehabilitation Director, 2015
Nutritional Services Director, 2001
Recreation Director, 2010
Maintenance Technician, 2021
Jeremy Kiley, NHA
Regional Director of Operations, 2004
Regional Director of Finance, 2001
Regional Director of Community Relations, 2007
Jenny Risinger, PHR
Regional Director of Human Resources, 2009
Juliane Ader, BSW, MS, NHA
Health Information, Transportation, & Education Director, 2006